I was originally trained and certified as a Lamaze childbirth educator, but I incorporate an eclectic set of tools and techniques to help women find their unique path to a positive birth experience. Knowledge of the physiology of the birth process is the basis of childbirth education, and my teaching evolves from that point and is personalized for each client’s needs. There is no one right way, only your way… we can find that way together. There are many wonderful tools to make birth a smoother process including breath work, hydrotherapy, heat therapy, vocalization, aromatherapy, light therapy, music, massage, counter pressure, and more. Birth is a process. Birth happens. Let go and let baby come…
My main goal is for you to feel good about the journey and have a positive birthing experience. I can’t guarantee no pain… although some women don’t reflect back on the pain once it’s over. I want you to feel supported, as well as educated and empowered to make good decisions.
Childbirth Education may include discussions on:
- Anatomy and physiology discussion of pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum.
- Nutrition in pregnancy, labor, breastfeeding and beyond.
- Stages of labor, comfort measures and pain management.
- Medical interventions – intended effects and possible side effects.
- Bonding with baby, skin to skin imprinting magic.
- Breastfeeding, breastmilk education.
- Alternative feeding methods.
- Caring for your newborn, caring for yourself.
- PMADs, baby blues and the roller coaster of emotions – Where am I and how long will this last?
- Knowing when more help is needed…